Rick Neel: DTD at MC #12

Monday, September 11, 2006

Hello everybody,

This email was supposed to be the one to let you all know about the bad addresses that I have and am preparing to delete, but that will have to wait till the next time.

With that in mind, I would like to remind all of you to forward this to any brother that isn't listed in the addresses. In fact, please send it to every Delt that you are incontact with.

This one is special, in my opinion. Today we receivedan email from Craig Sundstrom, the new chapter President, commenting on the "Delt Pledge" email of earlier in the week (an excellent email Craig!).

Craig has further defined what the chapter wishes to do with any money that they recieve from the "Delt Pledge" of earlier in the week. After you read his email, I hope that you will give serious consideration to making a pledge. You can make that pledge here, through me, or by going to the chapter email address: Delts@marietta.edu and do it that way.

If you choose to do it through me and this eletter, I will let them know for you. And if you choose to make the pledge through the chapter email address, please cc to me so I can keep track and let all of you know as we go on.

Attached to that email was a link to the Protomi (the alumni page). Please, if you got that email, check out the link to the Protomi. It is excellent (and I don't say that just because my picture is in it! - Gosh, how is it possible for one person to change so much, just overnight?!!). I really believe that if DTD has an award for excellence in a publication, that will win it. Great job toyou, Hunter!

If you are taking suggestions for an alum to feature next time, I suggest Shawn Selby. In fact, I think that it would be a good idea to feature an alum from a different era in each issue (but I bet you have already decided to do that!)

If you didn't receive that email, let me know and I will forward it to you.

One thing that was included in the Protomi was the date of the golf tournement. It will be on April 22, with the chapter formal that evening. Also they will be having the Rite of Iris and the spring Ritual on the 23rd. All alums are invited to attend.

Also today, I received an email from Bruce Miller (the ORIGINAL ... BAM) He decided to make a pledge for the "Delt Pledge"drive. And below is his letter to the chapter that he graciously forwarded to me so I could forward it to you.

That's all I have this time, have a good weekend.
Rick Neel '73

Good Morning Delts!

Rick Neel suggested I take a look at your updated website, and I must say it is much improved. I've also been impressed with the recent communications I've received indicating your continuing successes.

I did, however, note a glaring error in the Chapter history. I am listed with Tom Robinson as one of the initial group that led to the formation of BDE. Actually it was Ken Kavula & Tom who were the prime instigators. Though I was a member of BDE, Crescent Colony, and eventually served as Delt chapter president and then chapter advisor, I should not be credited as one of the founders.

I've sent Ken a note asking that he send you more details of those early meetings. I don't think any of us ever imagined we would have a Chapter withmore than 400 alumni. You should all be proud of your accomplishments. It's doubtful that I'll make it to Homecoming this fall. I am, however, happy to pledge $20 for every man you takeduring this semester's rush.


Good Luck!

Fraternally,

BAM '70

Bruce Miller
Company & Operations Manager
Westport Country Playhouse
25 Powers Court
Westport, CT 06880
www.westportplayhouse.org
203-227-5137 x113
203-221-7482 fax

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home