Rick Neel: DTD at MC - Homecoming 2006 Part 2

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Hello again,

Well to finish off what was a great weekend here is the final installment. First of all, I have to admit being a bit ticked off. I have already done this and mailed it once today. Only to get an error message that I can't send it to more than 159 people...that's pretty good, I'm over 159 addresses now. What happened is that I went to the EY web site and copied the addresses there, what ever ones I didn't have I added. Several of them were underclassmen, but hey, they are alumni of the future, so they deserve to be here. I hope that I got some alums that I have been missing as well. So to all of you - Welcome!

Along that same line, I got a new address a short while ago, for Kevin Oliphant. The notes that I send to him keep getting kicked back because he isn't accepting them. Would somebody that is in touch with him contact him and ask him to allow the messages. Thanks! Also, please, everyone, pass this on to any Delt that you are in contact with. Ask them to get in touch with me so I can add them to my mailing list. As we get closer to the 40th, we want everyone to be kept in the loop.

On the subject of mailing lists, and address books, I sent all of the names that I have to Adam Hopkins, the web master of the chapter. I asked him to put the list together in a way that I could give it to all of you as a link. That way you can print it out and have it for a reference when needed. As soon as he gets it done, I will send it out to you. I also asked him to go to our Blog and make it more "Delt" like. I know that he is pretty busy, but I'm looking forward to seeing what he comes up with. Thanks for your efforts Hops, we all appreciate it.

Our Blog has had a short note from Hartsy, who posted it as a comment to my last post. Shawn Selby is going to set it up so that he can post himself, as soon as he can. But as everyone is, Shawn is keeping pretty busy. So until that happens, I'll post the notes for you Hartsy!

In my last post, I asked you all to consider a donation to the chapter for new ritual equipment. It occurs to me that I should perhaps be a bit more specific. So here are the specifics: Make the check payable to: Crescent Colony of Marietta, Inc. The chapter address is: 219 4th Street, Marietta, Ohio 45750. Note on the check that it is for the ritual fund. Thank you very much for your consideration. I'm sure that the chapter will keep me informed as to our progress, and I will keep you informed as well.

Due to the state of disrepair of our Chapter House and the financial commitments of the college, it is our desire to have some dialogue with the college as to our desires for housing for our future. We are interested in housing that more resembles a house than a dorm. Therefore we are looking for an alum who has experience in architecture, or is related to someone with that kind of a background. If you are that person, or know that person, please get in touch with me so I can put you in contact with Hartsy. Thanks!

Now on to the homecoming weekend. Unfortunately, MC was defeated by John Carroll during the football game. Our women's soccer team did win but the men lost, so the weekend had some success. But in the IMPORTANT football game of the weekend, the Alumni defeated the Undergraduates by a score of 5 - 2, reversing a trend of the last few years. Congratulations Alums!

One last time, please pass this on to any alums that you are in contact with.

That's all I have this time. Have a good week. Rick Neel '73

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home