Rick Neel: DTD at MC #25

Sunday, October 29, 2006

Hello everyone,

Hope that you all remembered to change the time on your clocks.

Seems interesting to me that I have been writing these things for a year now. Should I continue to count them up one at a time, or go to Volume 2? Who really cares? I suspect no one. But I find it interesting when I think of how far we have come. Well over 100 names on our list, a blog spot, we have seen the chapter web site rebuilt and improved and an excellent alumni newsletter being put online by the undergrads (not quite as often as hoped, but more often than in the past. It's a start!). Pretty impressive.

As I said I will do, I have sent all of the email addresses I have to Hops. He has said that he is working on them and will get them to me as soon as he can. As soon as that happens, I'll send them to you.

I've had some responses to my plea for funding for new ritual equipment, and I'll post them for you. I thought that Greg Manko's point was very well taken and I forwarded his message to Hartsy and Craig (the chapter president). I haven't gotten a response from Craig yet, when I do you will get it.

Here is Gregs message:
"Thanks so much for keeping this e-newsletter going! For my first contribution, since I've had a little bit of experience with fundraising and a lot with marketing, I have an idea for the donation campaign for new ritual equipment.

Since people generally like to buy things, it might be helpful to list the costs of various items and then allow people to "purchase" them for the chapter. From what I recall, the equipment is made up of many different parts, both small and large, from inexpensive to more costly. This also could be a great way to give donors a more direct sense of "ownership".

Let me know what you think!

Greg"

I think that it is a good idea to let you guys know what the prices are, though Greg followed up with a message that pointed out that we may not be able to do that since our ritual is secret. I'll let you know what the final decision is on this issue.

I also got a message from Fergie suggesting that any donations be sent to him. Due to the times that there is no one at the chapter. Here is his message:

"They can send the checks for Crescent Colony to me because sometimesthere is nobody at the house for extended periods of time. Thanksgivingbreak and Christmas break, Spring break, and summertime. My address is Bob Ferguson, 507 Wooster St. Marietta,Oh 45750. I just thoght this might help out. Thanks for all you do. Fergie"

That's all I have concernig our fund raising effort. As I said, I'll keep you updated as to our progress.

If you haven't checked out our Blog, Hartsy has posted a note. Kind of a introductory one. But he will be posting from time to time.

One piece of down news, as a result of adding all of the new names, I have had a lot of returned mail, so I will be deleting addresses in the next few posts, I'll let you know who's addresses are bad, and hopefully you will be able to help.

A special "thank you" to David Martin for updating his address for me. And while I was looking for him, I found a site featuring him and his band. David is a member of Vinnie and the Lubricators, a Marietta based band that plays throughout the area. The site I found (I googled his name) had a few songs that they do. They sounded pretty good. Those of you in the area, if you need a band might consider his.

Once again, please forward this to the brothers you are in contact with, and if they don't object, send the addresses to me. I haven't heard from anyone with names from the MC email address list. Hope you haven't forgotten to look. Thanks!

Have a good week. Rick Neel '73

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home