DTD at MC #61

Friday, March 07, 2008

Good morning Delts!

Let's see what is new and exciting on the DTD front. First of all, there is only about a month and 1/2 until the 2008 golf outing. It will be held the 4th weekend in April. That is the 26th. I hope that we have a good turnout for the day and that the weather cooperates with us. That also is DooDah day for the college, so it is a big weekend for the undergrads also. Make your plans to play.

Also, we are only 7+ months away from our 40th anniversary. I hope that everyone is making plans to come back to Marietta for that occasion. October 24-26th are the dates. I have been lining up speakers for our banquet, hopefully by the time I get done, I will have someone from every decade of our history. If you are interested, please contact me or Hops at the house. So far I have commitments from: Ken Kavula, Greg Maloof, Rich Wolf, Shawn Selby, Brian Rothenberg, Don Wolfe, Jordon Herrick, and Adam Hopkins. That covers the late 60's, early/mid 70's, mid/late 80's, early 90's, early/mid 00's, and the undergrads. So you see that we are still missing a few time periods.

The guidelines for a presentation, are about a 10 minute talk, covering anything you wish to talk about, covering your time period as a Delt at Marietta. We will have a computer availiable for a power point presentation, if you are interested in using that.

The undergrads have pledged an additional man this spring, his name is Brendon George. Congratulations Brendon and welcome. He gives the chapter 5 pledges for the spring.

Working with Ashley Woolam, we have found a public ceremony for our Brothers that have gone to the Chapter Eternal, and we are planning on having that at our banquet at the 40th. If you have a thought that you would like to share concerning one of our departed brothers, this will be an opportunity for you to do so.

Speaking of the banquet, and the rest of the weekend, we are planning on holding the cost to $50/person. That is for both the cruise and the banquet. We are asking for you to let us know that you are planning on coming so we can make arrangements for the # of seats we will need for the banquet. Also, the price for the cruise is dependent on the # of people that go. Please drop me or Jordon Stryker, the new chapter corresponding secretary, a note, just telling me what you will be attending and how many will be in your party. Jordan can be reached at jns001@marietta.edu, or at delts@marietta.edu That is important, for planning reasons.

Speaking of Jordon Stryker, he has recently posted the most recent issue of the Protimoi. It can be found at the chapter website, http://www.marietta.edu/~delts/ When I spoke to him at the last chapter meeting, he told me his goal was to publish 2 of them a semester. Check it out and let him know what you think.

I mailed this past week a box of pictures and articles from our history to Dave Broome, who has volenteered to put a booklet together for us. We are still looking for more material, but time is getting a bit short. Please send any stories or other stuff to me or Dave. Thanks.

I received the following note from Bruce Miller the other day, and I think it is a great idea.

Rick- How about listing everyone who's coming to the reunion so far? List
them by class & keep it updated and that may encourage more brothers to
attend. It could be at the end of each of your emails or listed on the
chapter site. Keep up the incredible work!~BAM

Unfortunately, for whatever reason (I moved recently and have misplaced many things, so I'll lay the blame there) I don't have the names of everyone who has let me know they are going to be there. I'll list those names I have, and as I hear from more people I'll keep it updated. Hopefully we can get it listed at the chapter website also. Here goes...

1960's - Greg Maloof, Ken Kavula, Frank Hirsch (I think)

1970's - Ted Smith, Lance Koved, Don Wolfe, Ron Rees, Bruce Miller, Bruce Masatsugu, Darrell Pritchard, Joe Matheny, Keith Zak (I think), Randy Williams, Rich Wolf, Bob Peterson, Al Head, Bob Kavula, Rick Dunsker, Peter Weiner, Chuck Robinson, Bob Burns, Rick Neel

1980's - Drew Kern, Jon Hartshorn, Brian Rothenberg

1990's - Shawn Selby, J.P. Clowes, Matt Christman-Lees, Tim Cox (I think)

2000's - Craig Sundstrom, Andy Byers, Justin Nethers, Matt Dole, Corey Medina, Casey Trail, Chris "Smitty" Smith, Seth Wolfson, Trent Elliott, Jordon Herrick

I'm sure that I have left several names out, if I left you off, I'm sorry. Please drop me a line and let me know...For the rest of you, make your plans now to hook up with your friends that you haven't seen in a long time.

Here are some new addresses that I've received in the last month or so. Welcome back to EY guys, hope to see you in October. Brendon George '12, Jeffrey Myers '81, Dennis McNaboe '94, Dave Faunce '94, and an updated address, Craig Sundstrom '07. **addresses removed for privacy reasons**

Here is some brothers that I don't have any contact information for. If you are in touch with them, let them know we are looking for them. Steve Newton '66, Joe Baker '67, Joe Farrell '68, William Warner '68, Roger Coffman '69, Joseph Cohn '69, Paul Schoenfeld '70, Thomas Lindvall '71, Doug Schaffer '71, Gordon Turner '71, Mark Ewald '72, Peter Grob '72, John Alligood '73, Paul Craft '73, Larry Brown '74, Scott Elger '74, Ric Gough '74, Mark Russell '74, Bill Snyder '74, G. Curtis Brown '75, Carson Dye '75, Rdney Stoltz '76, Richard Hruska '77, Greg McComas '77, Dave Mogill '77, Greg Carriera '78, Peter Denio '78, Steven Dennis '78, Scott Gilmore '79.

That's all I have for today, have a good weekend. Rick Neel '73

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here I am, long lost and retired Scott Gilmore, '79. Anyone remember LB? Wow what memories came rushing back to me after visiting this site. Great job you guys!!! Totaly awesome.
Just a brief history update on me...retired 26yrs USAF and also did 5 yrs as civil servant. Yes I was only at MC for year 75/76 but did return for 79/80 (VP).
Married with two sons, on e in Navy and the other attending Texas Tech in the fall, maybe another Delt in the family.
Hope to make it to the 40th and see everyone well!! Even BAM!!
Scott

1:10 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home