Rick Neel '73: DTD at MC #29

Monday, November 13, 2006

Good afternoon everyone,

I am happy to let you all know that the release of our email list has produced some good results already. There have been several addresses that I've received to add to the list. I'll print them at the end of this email so you can update your list.

Lance Koved sent me the following note, so I thought "What the heck, I'll go look." And I found 37 new names. Imagine how it works when you have a complete list of the EY men! I'm not sure how many of the addresses are still accurate so I won't list them for a week or so.

Here's his note:



Rick - thanks for the work. I know you will find more email addresses at the Marietta alumni site.

We just completed our move to Florida. I decided to continue to work for a while so I am flying north almost weekly. Keeps me out of trouble.

Lance




Hi Rick,

Greg Maloof is Class of '67. Dr. Robert Jones is not a Marietta graduate - he had degrees from Queens University in Toronto and Harvard. Tom Robinson is deceased. I am attempting to get you emails for John DeVito and Rob Weidenfeld. I keep in Christmas card contact with each of them. I do not see Tom Tinterra '71 on the list. You have all of my other email contacts.
Ken Kavula '69


The note from Ken is nice, since it means that shortly we will have 2 more names.

To the new people that are getting this email for the first time, I have several reasons for writing. The original reason was my desire to have a HUGE turnout for our chapter's 40th anniversary which is in 2008. Please keep that in mind so we can have a great anniversary. Hard as it is to comprehend, there are now over 400 initaited EU Delts. We have over 200 names in our email address book, and that number is growing. You can help by forwarding this email to the brothers you have remained in contact with and asking them to contact me.

My other reasons for doing this are that I wanted to give the Alumni a place to keep track of each other, so if you have life news you would like to share, let me know and I'll pass it along. Also, to keep DTD in your thoughts.

We have set up a blog for back copies of my emails, the address is: http://mcdeltalumni.blogspot.com/ And the link to our email addresses are: [Link removed for privacy reasons. Email rneel11@comcast.net to receive a copy of the link].

Please save that address and make use of the addresses that are there. Contact those brothers that you haven't been in contact with for all those years!

Check out the Chapter's Web site, they have reworked it and made a big improvement: http://www.marietta.edu/~delts/ Be sure to check out the Protimoi, which is the alumni newsletter.

Have a good week,

Rick Neel '73

P.S. I have decided that I will not list the new email addresses that I get on the blog due to a need to respect the privacy of the Delts involved. If you miss an update and need it, please contact me. Thanks for understanding. Rick

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home