DTD at MC #43

Friday, April 20, 2007

Good afternoon everyone,

I hope that everyone is getting ready for next weekend!

Our annual golf outing, and this year ritual equipment building event.I'm getting excited, I get a chance to beat a high school/college buddy.I went out and played a round yesterday AWK so I'm armed and ready. Are you?

Darrell Pritchard told me I'm in trouble, he hasn't seen me hit the ball that well in years. So he figures that my best shots have all been used up. Damn! If you are planning on going and haven't let Matt Dole know that you are coming, please drop him a line quickly so he can get a tee time for you. His address is: **removed** Matt, is that a new address? Do I need to update you again?

I don't have a lot of new today, so I'll just get into the messages I received.

Seth Wolfson sent this in.


Hey there,

I'm coming into town for next weekend's festivities read: Doo Dah Day. I won't be golfing but look forward to seeing everyone around the house.

Seth

Have a good time Seth, but come join us on Saturday for the ritual building. That should be fun too.

From Brian Stone I got this note:

Rick,

Great job on everything here. About one of the "lost" brothers, I think that your best option for finding Dean Kilton would be through Jess Raines. I don't know if they are still in contact, but they used to be.

Fraternally,
Brian Stone '97


Thanks for the note Brian, and Jess do you think that you could help out here? Thanks!

Last time there was a question about the Little Sister program. I got an answer from Ashley Woolam, one of our Undergrads. Hope that it answers your question, Pat.

Rick,

Good work on the latest blog posting!

A quick note about the Little Sis program. I’ve spoken with Jim Russell and a handful of other Delt Interationals officers about why the program isn’t allowed at undergraduate chapters any longer. Simple prudence is the real reason. Although Delta Tau Delta never had any really big issues with the program (no “situations,” I mean), other fraternities have, and we were trying to be progressive, while also responding to some Panhellenic complaints about respecting women. So, that’s the short of it.

For what it’s worth, Epsilon Upsilon still has a dedicated cadre of young ladies who are de facto Little Sisters (I’m sitting and eating lunch with one, Shauna Payne, right now while I write to you) – they just don’t get their pictures taken any longer. Instead we give them pledge names. Shauna’s is “Colonel Sanders.” You’ll have to ask her why when you meet her.

Cheers, Ashley


Colonel Sanders??? I am interested in hearing that story! Goose Kitson sent me this request. As you all know, the cost of a college education is getting higher and higher every year. And belonging to a Fraternity isn't getting any cheaper either. If any of you have any ideas to help, or jobs to offer, please get in touch with me or Goose. His address is: **removed** Thanks for the help.

Hey Rick,

This is John Kitson - GooSe. One of the problems the chapter is starting to face is the fact that on top of the 32k a year it's costing to attend Marietta College each year, we're cutting our budgets and still charging our members $600 a year to be a Delt because of national insurance costs. It's well worth the money, but finding the money for some members is hard with no financial support from family.

To find ways to proactively attack this, I'm coming up with a possible position of fundraising chair whose sole responsibility is to find ways for brothers to make money through the school year. First of all I want to say that we are not asking for alumni donations. Alumni donations are always welcome, but the reason for writing this is to attempt to find ideas that maybe past Delts have raised money for the chapter or a cause or something of that nature. As a Delt of another generation, I figure you would know ways that you guys raised money or something. If you have any ideas, let me know.
Thanks.

Be sure to check the Chapter Web site for the pictures from the hanging of the new Delt letters at the house. The Web site address is: http://www.marietta.edu/~delts/ While you are there, please fill out the Alumni questionaire so the Chapter can update everyones records including your Big and Little Brothers.

Here are some "lost brothers" that I need help finding this week. If you are in contact with them, send me the email addresses. Thank you.

Roger Coffman '69, Murray Talssnik '71, Peter Grob '72, Gregory Carriera '78, Duke Weller '82(past president), Charles Myers '88, Dennis McNaboe '94, Vince Li '05


That's all I have this week, have a good weekend and I'll see you in Marietta next week.

Rick Neel '73

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home